How Much Does Varicose Vein Treatment Cost Without Insurance?
Understanding the Cost of Varicose Vein Treatment
Varicose veins are a common condition that can affect anyone. Although women are more likely to develop varicose veins than men, it is still something that can affect any adult, with studies showing it affects up to 3 in 10 adults.
Some people experience very mild symptoms, and simply use at-home remedies to help, such as compression stockings and other lifestyle changes. For many, however, the symptoms can have a drastic effect on the everyday. Regardless of how bad your symptoms are, seeking treatment is very important. If left untreated, varicose veins can become worse over time, sometimes leading to more dangerous and harmful vein conditions.
Factors Influencing Varicose Vein Treatment Cost
The average cost of varicose vein treatment can be high, but in some cases, it may be covered by insurance. If you run into a situation where your insurance does not cover the cost of varicose vein treatment, it can be tough to know what to expect in terms of cost.
Let’s break down the typical cost for varicose vein treatment and what factors can influence how much you’ll pay.
The overall amount for the treatment can vary widely depending on a number of factors, such as the type of treatment you receive and the location where you have the treatment done. Here’s a general breakdown of what you can expect to pay for the most common types of varicose vein treatment
Types of Varicose Vein Treatments and Their Costs
- Sclerotherapy: This treatment involves injecting a medical solution into the affected veins to cause them to collapse and fade away over time. The cost of sclerotherapy typically ranges from $300 to $500 per treatment session, and multiple sessions may be necessary. At Fox Vein & Laser Experts, we also offer ultrasound-guided foam sclerotherapy, which is priced a bit higher.
- Endovenous Laser Ablation: This treatment involves using a laser to seal off the affected veins so that blood can reroute and flow through healthier veins. The cost of Endovenous Laser Ablation can range from $600 to $3,000 per treatment session, and multiple sessions may be necessary.
- Surgical Vein Stripping: This treatment involves surgically removing the affected veins through a small incision. The average cost of varicose vein surgery such as this typically ranges from $1,500 to $3,000 per procedure.
However, surgery to treat and remove your varicose veins is not always necessary. Fox Vein & Laser Experts offers patients the option to choose minimally invasive treatments, such as the two listed above, to treat their varicose veins. Procedures like Sclerotherapy and Endovenous Laser Ablation are safe and effective, without the need for surgery, and there is little to no downtime needed either.
Factors Affecting the Cost of Varicose Vein Treatment
While the prices listed above can provide a general idea of what you might pay, there are several factors that can influence the cost of varicose vein treatment, such as:
- Geographic location: The cost of living and medical care can vary widely depending on where you live.
- Severity of your condition: The more severe your varicose veins, the more treatments you may need, which can drive up the cost.
- Insurance coverage: If your insurance covers some or all of the cost of treatment, you’ll pay less out of pocket.
If you’re concerned about the cost of varicose vein treatment, it’s a good idea to consult with an expert in the field, such as Dr. Susan B Fox and her team. They can evaluate your condition and provide you with an estimate of what you can expect to pay. Keep in mind that there may be options for financing or payment plans to help make treatment more affordable. Your health is a top priority, and we never want there to be something stopping you from getting the treatment you need.
While the cost of varicose vein treatment can be a concern, it’s important to seek treatment if you’re experiencing discomfort or other symptoms. With the right treatment plan and provider, you can get the care you need to manage your varicose veins and improve your quality of life. To schedule a consultation with the team at Fox Vein & Laser Experts, call our office at 954-627-1045 or book using our easy and convenient online scheduler.