Prp hair restoration therapy in Miami
We religiously take care of our skin, our nails, and our bodies, but when it comes to hair restoration, we’re not always sure exactly where to turn. At Fox Vein & Laser Experts, we can now help with all of your needs regarding the hair restoration process, thanks to our life-changing PRP treatments.
PRP, which stands for platelet-rich plasma, is the process of injecting a patient’s own platelets (blood cells that play many roles in the body including helping wounds heal and promoting blood clotting so a person doesn’t bleed too much when cut) into the body in a specific area that needs treatment. The platelets are retrieved from a blood sample that is taken from the patient’s body and then separated from other blood components before they are injected back into the body. Studies show that by injecting these high concentrations of platelets into areas of the body that are inflamed or damaged, it can encourage wounds to heal at a much quicker pace.
PRP treatments have been gaining popularity over the last few years for their ability to take years off your face, heal injuries and refine scars. But what most people may not know, is that PRP injections in your scalp can help bring your hair back to life – simply, effectively and with little-to-no downtime.
Hair loss occurs when there is damage to the scalp. If a hair follicle is destroyed, it is replaced with scar tissue, thus preventing hair from growing in that one area. While it’s quite difficult to prevent natural hair loss from happening, there are a few reasons why you’re finding that your once-luscious locks are now starting to thin:
- Family history (heredity): Male or female pattern baldness is a hereditary condition.
- Hormonal changes and medical conditions:A variety of conditions can cause permanent or temporary hair loss, including hormonal changes due to pregnancy, childbirth, menopause and thyroid problems.
- Medications and supplements: Hair loss can be a side effect of certain drugs, such as those used for cancer, arthritis, depression, heart problems, gout, and high blood pressure.
- Radiation therapy to the head: The hair may not grow back the same as it was before.
- Certain hairstyles and treatments: Excessive hairstyling or hairstyles that pull your hair tight, such as pigtails or cornrows, can cause a type of hair loss called traction alopecia. Hot oil hair treatments and permanents can cause inflammation of hair follicles that leads to hair loss. If scarring occurs, hair loss could be permanent.
Here’s how PRP works to stimulate hair growth in the affected areas:
By injecting PRP into the scalp, it can help to reduce the inflammation that is causing the hair loss and lead to hair restoration. A small-scale study was done on a group of 20 individuals and showed that the men receiving PRP treatments grew more hair than the men who were not getting the treatments. Not only did these men grow more hair, but the hair was significantly denser.
Now, how, exactly, does blood help with hair restoration?
Easy. The platelets injected during PRP therapy possess growth factors that help stimulate the activity of hair follicles and promote new growth. It helps with increasing hair count, hair thickness, and its general growth ability.
Needles to your scalp may sound scary, but in reality, you’ll receive nothing more than a little prick with each removal of platelets and re-injection of the platelet-rich plasma. Our PRP hair restoration sessions take no more than 30-minutes and require no downtime, so that you can head right back to work, lunch with friends, or off to pick up the kids, directly after your visit.