Secrets About Laser Hair Removal That You Need to Know
Laser hair removal Miami is one of the most common hair removal procedures for men and women both in the United States. The cosmetic procedure involves destroying unwanted hair by using a highly concentrated light on hair follicles. Many people opt for laser hair removal because it’s highly effective in removing unwanted hair, cost-effective, and long-lasting. While many people are fully aware of the benefits of laser hair treatments, there are still many things people need to consider before moving forward with the procedure.
Five secrets facts you need to know
- Multiple laser treatments are needed in order to completely eliminate unwanted hair. Treatments can take up to six months with treatments every four to six weeks.
- Laser hair removal treatment is not for everyone. The treatment is not effective on every skin tone. Individuals with lighter skin tones and darker hair experience better outcomes than those with darker skin tones and lighter hair. Laser hair removal treatment is not effective on fair skin and light hair because the skin and hair don’t have adequate pigment to attract heat from the laser.
- A few people experience side effects after laser hair removal treatments. Some of the side effects of the procedure include redness, irritation, crusting, swelling, burns, scars, skin discoloration, and skin infection. And untrained technicians are responsible for most of the burns and scarring clients’ experience.
- Laser hair removal is cost-effective compared to other hair removal methods. The procedure itself is quite expensive (up to $200 per treatment), but it’s a cheaper alternative compared to long term use of razors and waxing.
- Laser hair removal has been proven to be effective in eliminating unwanted hair. But unfortunately, the treatment is not for everyone. One must consult a healthcare professional before making the decision to undergo the procedure.