Endovenous Laser Treatment Work for Varicose Veins
The Endovenous laser ablation can be divided into several proprietaries: ELVes, EVLT, VeinSeal, etc. In this article, we will cover some of the vital aspects of how endovenous laser ablation treatment works for varicose veins.
But before we move ahead, let us explain what we mean by the Endovenous laser treatment?
What is Endovenous Laser Varicose Vein Treatment/ Surgery?
The Endovenous laser varicose vein surgery refers to a procedure of reducing the varicose veins through laser treatment. Varicose veins are bulging or swollen veins that may often happen on calves and thighs.
Laser treatment involves a device that helps send the radiation beams in the form of light into the veins. In turn, these lasers shrink and close the varicose veins and may leave the scar tissue within the blood vessels. This, in turn, seals the varicose veins, and blood eventually starts flowing through another vein.
Why do You Need to Have the Endovenous Laser Varicose Vein Surgery?
Vein Center in Miami suggest having this endovenous laser ablation surgery if your varicose veins get swollen, red, and sore. However, you may also need this surgery if the skin present over the varicose veins irritates and has inflammation.
Perhaps, one thing you must need to know is that varicose veins are not a severe health problem, but these can be extremely painful. If you have these issues, you need to opt for the vein treatment in Miami to get rid of this.
Who Can be Suitable for EVLA Surgery?
Almost all individuals with varicose veins are suitable for this Endovenous laser ablation treatment surgery. Only those who have a small recurrent vein after the previous surgery cannot be suitable for the surgery. And those patients can be managed with the help of foam sclerotherapy.
What Does This Endovenous Surgery Involve and How it Works for Varicose Veins?
1) First, the patient has to go for an ultrasound scan and be treated with a marker after that vein. The Hallandale vein doctor advises you to lie over the couch. After that, the legs are covered with drapes.
2) Depending upon which vein will be treated, you need to lie accordingly on the back or the front. And all this will be guided with the help of an ultrasound scanning machine.
3) As you know, that Endovenous means inside the veins, so the next thing the Davie vein doctor does is go into the depth of the vein.
4) Along with this, the local anesthetic light dose is injected inside the skin over the varicose vein. After that, the wire passes up the vein through the needle. A catheter is then passed on to the wire, and up the veins, and after that, the wire is removed.
5) A laser fiber is then passed up to the catheter, and then a heavy dose of the local anesthetic solution is then passed around the vein with some tiny needle pricks.
6) Staff and Fort Lauderdale vein doctors will put on their laser safety specs. After that, a laser beam is fired up and pulled down for about five minutes.
7) If you have a varicose vein on both legs, then the procedure will be similarly repeated on another leg. Once it is finished, the catheter and lasers are removed, and the needle’s puncture will be covered through a small dressing.
The varicose Endovenous laser surgery will take about 20-30 minutes for each leg. Some doctors also give some foam sclerotherapy and some avulsion undertaken. Once it is done, the patient’s legs are covered with the compression stockings.
What do You need To Do After Treatment?
Once you are done with the laser treatment, you will be sent home. However, you might be advised to drive, but it’s better to take public transport or ask someone to pick you up or drive for you.
Endovenous Laser Treatment Aftercare
1) To have faster Endovenous laser treatment recovery, make sure to wear the stocking for about two weeks.
2) Moreover, you will have bathing instructions to avoid the treated area.
3) You can go straight for the work and do your regular activities, but make sure you don’t stress the treated area and don’t lift weight for a few weeks.
4) Don’t swim and make your legs wet during this after treatment recovery period in which you have already been advised to wear stockings.
Many patients may experience some skin tightening sensation after their varicose vein treatment, and some may also suffer from pain. The doctors advise taking some anti-inflammatory drugs such as Ibuprofen to get rid of this.
Do You Need Further Treatment?
You don’t need to go for further treatment if you want to get rid of varicose veins‘ symptoms and pain. However, if you’re looking to reduce the varicose veins’ appearance, then further treatment will be required. Additional treatment for the varicose veins can be done by avulsions or with the help of foam sclerotherapy.